About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who left work as an attorney to stay at home with my kids. I put the same research skills to work at home as I did with my paying job. Numerous people have asked me for my random research, so I decided to start a blog. I'm a big time coffee drinker, terrible speller, and find humor in almost everything. It is my goal to make readers more informed, healthy, and entertained. If you enjoy reading this blog, please share it with your friends. If not, share it with your enemies.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

"FACING" THE TRUTH

While seven months pregnant I was hovering around the Clinique counter trying to find something to fix those dark circles under my eyes. A very polite woman approached me and asked if she could help. “Do you have something that will fix these dark circles under my eyes?” I said. Yes, she replied. It’s called not being pregnant and having kids.” Hmmn. That wasn’t the answer I was looking for. She actually talked me out of buying the under eyes cream and said to just drink more water and try to get as much rest as possible. Nice thought as I sit here at 6:00 in the morning drinking my second cup of coffee and writing to you while the natives are not being restless.

After walking away from the beauty counter I did possess a secret weapon to combat the fact that I had kids. Turn around cream. Sure, I’ve read that there is some pretty bad stuff in there and that I’m bound to get cancer, but my vanity outweighed the environmentalist in me. At age 33, I don’t feel the need to have my skin “turn around” or “turn back.” More of a “Hold it right there or else” kind of scenario. Seriously, am I putting a gun to my face and ordering it not to age? Using the mainstream products to get these results isn’t too far off. Does the turnaround cream work? Absolutely. You can see results in a matter of days. But every night when I put it on my face I hear a little voice saying, “Don’t do it! Don’t you know what’s in there?” “To which another voice responds, “Yes. But there is no reasonable alternative.” Ok. So I don’t hear literal voices in my head just to be clear. But alas! There is an alternative, a lifting serum straight from the Swiss Alps.

Norwex, as part of their desire to reduce the use of chemicals in personal care and cleaning, created a guilt free serum containing high concentration of Swiss Alpine plants: Imperatoria, Marrubium, Edelweiss and Artemesia. These wonderful little plants might be hard to pronounce but at least I know I’m putting something natural on my face. This product is also ECOCERT certified organic. Meaning, a third party has certified this product as being free from formaldehyde releasers, preservatives, synthetic perfumes, and other bad stuff.
Now let’s see if it beats my, “Sure it’s good for me and the environment, but does is it worth the cost?” test. This plant based lifting serum costs $39.99 for 1.07 ounces. Clinique’s turnaround cream is $36 for 1.7 ounces. Although you’re paying four dollars less with Clinique’s cream, in return, you’re getting a combination of Salicylic Acid, Glucosamine and Cholesterol Sulfate. I’d pay an extra four dollars to stop hearing those voices lecture me about what I’m putting on my face. However, now that I’m using my Norwex facial cloths, I never have to use facial cleansers or toner again, saving me a lot of money. In fact, I gave away what I was using to wash my face because I have no need for it anymore. The cloths clean and exfoliate my skin like no other facial cleanser has done before. I rinse the cloth out after each use and it’s good for an entire week. Then I put cloth in laundry and it’s ready for another go around. Although this cloth has a two year warranty, people who launder it once a week report a 4-7 year effectiveness. Hmmn… I’m no rocket scientist but… great looking skin, saving money, and making the environment happy is a win-win.  If you would like to try these products contact me at michellestender@yahoo.com.

I’d like to go back to that Clinique counter and show that white robed, well rested, woman my skin now. Oh, and on a side note. If you see me out in public with my three children who are under the age of four, please don’t say to me, “You sure do have your hands full.” That’s stating the obvious...but at least my face won’t show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment